Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weather

Is it really that cold? Will I freeze to death? What about the long nights and days?

When I first arrived in Greenland, it was September. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I couldn’t understand why everyone kept saying, “Everything in Greenland depends on the weather.” Having lived through one of the worst winters in twenty years, I now completely understand what they were talking about.

First, even though there’s water everywhere, Greenland is a desert...

Want to read more?

1 comments:

whatsithisreallyfools said...

"Mosquitoes that could carry away babies." I love that! I remember visiting Alaska in the summer as a kid and being amazing at the size and ferocity of mosquitoes there. It must be a combination of the midnight sun and the need to gorge themselves before the ice returns.